Engineered to be an all in one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK261 is a 61 key performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. The MPK261 comes fully loaded with a professional production software package plus a comprehensive, customizable interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs and more. MPK261 features 49 semi weighted keys with aftertouch, 16 MPC style pads with RGB feedback, 8 assignable knobs, faders and switches, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders and switches (up to 24 of each), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 64 total). Plus, MPK261 is USB powered and optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with hassle free plug and play connectivity.
- 61 semi weighted, velocity sensitive full size keys and a premium piano style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel
- 16 RGB illuminated MPC style pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads the perfect solution for triggering samples, loops, one shots, melodics and more
- 24 assignable Q Link controllers comprising 8 control knobs, faders and switches engineered for hassle free mapping and unprecedented DAW, virtual instrument and virtual effect control
- Take command of your peripheral MIDI equipment courtesy of an onboard USB MIDI interface with 5 pin MIDI input & output
- MPC mainstay controls included MPC Note Repeat, arpeggiator, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo and Time Division
- Comprehensive Production Software Package for Mac and PC worth over $200 included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0 & Akai Pro MPC Essentials (downloads)
Articles for Digital Musicians and Desktop Enthusiasts