- A leading-edge DAW for modern music-making Reason is a powerhouse music creation tool that lets you get the music in your head out into the world, quickly and efficiently. You can record audio on unlimited tracks, create beats, play virtual instruments from a powerful, expandable rack, and mix down on a superb SSL-modeled console. Sweetwater musicians of all genres use Reason (by itself, or slaved to another DAW via Rewire), and they agree – Reason is an incredible experience!
- Streamlined Look and Feel See how effortlessly you can make music. Hardcore Reason fans have an ongoing love affair with the look and feel of the program. For Reason 8, Propellerhead has streamlined the user interface so that it’s easier than ever to navigate and customize your workspace. Windows blend seamlessly, and there’s no visual clutter to distract you from making great music.
- Awesome Mixing Console Nothing but the best to polish your creation. When you’re ready to mix your creation, Reason delivers the ultimate mixing experience: a desk faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k console. You’ll have full dynamics, EQ, and effects on every channel, to help you nail the clarity and punch your music demands.
- The Virtual Rack A creativity-inspiring musical playground. At the heart of Reason is its virtual rack with all the tools you need to turn your ideas into music. You build your rack as you create your song. Synthesizers, drum machines, samplers, and studio effects – add as many as you need. Reason automatically connects everything as you add more devices to the rack. If you want to dive in the deep end, flip the rack around and get access to all the cables and connectors so that you can wire things up exactly as you like.
- Softube Amp and Cabinet Models Make your guitar and bass parts come to life. Already a well-known developer of Reason rack extensions, Softube takes up permanent residence in the Reason rack with a stable of incredible-sounding amplifier and speaker cabinet models that will make your guitar and bass parts come to life. But don’t stop there! Crunch up that EP. Make that Thor patch wail. After all, many of keyboard legend Jan Hammer’s screaming synth leads benefited from being plugged into a seriously overdriven tube stack. Experiment. Have fun. Be creative!
MIDI Music Software, Computer and Hardware Reviews for Digital Musicians and Desktop Enthusiasts